May 21, 2009

Mixtape. 22 Bees.

bees

Barbed pop songs shot like buzzing atoms into the center of your brain. Nothing that obscure. I wanted to make a mix that followed how twee and c-86 style songs gradually elided into noise pop and shoegaze. I think it flows nicely.

1. Another Sunny Day - Anorak City
2. Shop Assistants - All That Ever Mattered
3. Black Tambourine - Throw Aggi Off the Bridge
4. Pop Will Eat Itself - Like an Angel
5. Jesus & Mary Chain - Upside Down
6. The Vaselines - Son of a Gun
7. The Loft - Up the Hill and Down the Slope
8. The Close Lobsters - Pathetique
9. Bubblegum Splash - Just Walked Away
10. 14 Iced Bears - Inside
11. Autoclave - Dr. Seuss
12. The Flatmates - Happy All the Time
13. My Favorite - Homeless Club Kids vs. Future Bible Heroes
14. The Magnetic Fields - I'm Sorry I Love You
15. Elf Power - Nothing's Going to Happen
16. Pixies - Alec Eiffel
17. Flaming Lips - Frogs
18. My Bloody Valentine - When You Sleep
19. The High Violets - 44 Down
20. The Field Mice - Star of David
21. Cocteau Twins - Carolyn's Fingers
22. Galaxie 500 - Tugboat

Sorry, I had to split the download into two parts to get to fit under mediafire's 100mb limit.

22 Bees part 1
22 Bees part 2

0 Blurts:

Blurt!